Our Contractor Verification Solutions
Don’t be caught without all of the facts when EDD calls. Verify that your existing 1099 contractors hold the necessary credentials for the Employment Development Department to classify them as contractors, not W-2 wage earning employees.
Everything You Need
Single ReportTier One
- Single report for one (1) 1099 independent contractor.
- Order the quantity of single reports for your needs to use at your convenience.
- Dedicated secure portal to upload your information.
- Quantity Pricing:
- → 1 Report - $139/Report.
- → 5 Reports (minimum qty) - $135/Report.
- → 10 Reports (minimum qty) - $130/Report.
📞 Professional AnalysisTier Two SAVE $200
- Up to ten (10) 1099 independent contractor reports.
- Includes group analysis. Create sub-groups of your workers to isolate similarities and differences among different contractors per group. Organize workers in groups by job category or other relevant factor.
- Speak with a professional (one 30-minute session): review your report with a Clear1099 professional to review data and highlight important insights in your report. (Clear1099 does not provide legal advice. Consult with your attorney.).
- Order more reports if you have additional 1099 independent contractors ($200/report).
- Yearly price discounts available.
All-InclusiveTier Three SAVE $1,000
- 90 Day Access.
- Analyze up to thirty (30) 1099 independent contractors per month.
- Includes all features of Tier One and Tier Two.
- Updates and alerts. After your initial report is prepared, your contractor data is updated monthly to alert you about changes to your 1099 independent contractors (i.e. change in license status, EIN, FBN, business entity, etc). Updates provided 2 weeks after initial reports are delivered. It is like getting a second report.
- Reasonable compensation data: if you are a business owner and have a corporation (S or C corporation), you are required to pay yourself a reasonable compensation. Review data to determine if you are paying yourself a reasonable compensation based on federal government requirements.
- Access our resource library.
- Access to research assistant.
- Order more reports if you have additional 1099 independent contractors ($250/report).
- EXCLUSIVE BENEFIT: Obtain unemployment claims with EDD or other state agency. (Subject to sole discretion of EDD or other state agency if information will be disclosed) *separate fee for claims ordered.
- Yearly price discounts available.
Watch our walkthrough video or call one of our dedicated customer service representatives.
Step 1: Choose Your Plan
Step 2: Upload your documents
Worker Name, EIN, SSN Address and Business Name
Frequently Asked Questions
If I have a written contract with my 1099 independent contractor, does the contract guarantee my worker will not be classified as employees?
No. Having a written agreement for services is helpful, but does not determine a worker’s status. California law recently changed to require a “hirer” to satisfy three elements, which include showing a company does not have control and direction over the worker for the performance of the work. A hirer must also show the contractor performs work that is “outside the usual course” of the hiring company’s business. Lastly, the worker must be “customarily engaged” in an independently established trade, occupation, or business of the same nature as that involved in the work performed.
If I currently hire 1099 independent contractors, should I order a Clear1099 report for each worker or only for new workers?
We recommend ordering a Clear1099 report for each worker. Each worker is unique and may have completely different information from other workers, even those that may provide the same type of services.
Can I review my report with a Clear1099 representative?
Yes. Some plans include a scheduled phone call with a Clear1099 representative to review your report and provide insights about your data. We do not provide legal or technical advice. Clear1099 is a business reporting company that provides useful business information about your 1099 independent contractors to help you make a make better decision. Our reports are used by professionals to identify facts pertinent to a worker classification.
What is a Clear1099 report and how can I use the report?
Each Clear1099 report contains information to help determine the proper status of a worker who provides services. Workers can be classified as 1099 independent contractors or employees. The report includes information to help identify facts that support a legitimate independent contractor, such as verification of EIN, business location, business entity review, FBN review, website and social media data, professional license, and tax license, and helpful insights about your data.
Ideally, you will obtain a report for each contractor before you engage that worker. Most companies who have existing 1099 independent contractors can also obtain a report to validate their workers. Some workers may have been valid 1099 independent contractors in the past, yet, they may no longer qualify as independent contractors today. Getting updated reports allows businesses to be informed of changes in their workers’ status and confirm their contractors continue to have the proper requirements to be 1099 independent contractors.
Our reports are used by other professionals such as CPAs, Human Resources professionals and Chief Financial Officers to make better decisions.
Our reports are also used by professionals who may need to respond to a request from a government agency about their workers.
Who is Clear1099 intended for?
A Clear1099 report is intended for anyone who hires independent contractors or is unsure about the status of an existing worker. You may use a Clear1099 report to verify the legitimacy of a worker’s trade or business and ensure they remain in compliance.
How long does it take to get a report once I place my order?
Generally, we need between 1 to 2 business days (depending on the number of contractors you have) to provide a report. Additional time may be needed to prepare a report based on the complexity of the information and the number of contractors you have.
Is there a maximum number of 1099 independent contractor reports I can order?
We offer three pricing plans, each having a different maximum number of contractors. We do offer an enterprise level plan for companies with larger requirements.
What is the minimum amount of information I need to order a report?
You must have all of the following information to order a report:
- individual’s name or business name
- employer identification number (EIN) or social security number (SSN)
- business address or home address
It is generally helpful to also have information on the type of service(s) provided by each worker.
Before ordering your report, you must also verify the information is not being used in a hiring decision for employment.
CA Business Owners Trust CLEAR1099
Customer Support for the DIY-er
Take care of teh data gathering on your own terms and let the team at CLEAR1099 support you in your process.
Plans for every business
From the small business with 2 or 3 1099 contractors to corporate enterprises, we partner with companies of all sizes to get them the information they need to make informed decisions on their worker classification.