The Key to Clear
Check the status of your 1099 independent contractors today. Each Clear1099 report contains detailed information including verification of EIN and SSN, business location, business entity review, FBN review, website and social media data, professional license, and tax license.
Avoid costly problems by getting a Clear1099 Report before hiring your next independent contractor.
1099 Business Verification
Business Entity Status
Professional License Alerts
Tax License Check
95% of Business Owners want to verify their 1099 contractors
* Based on our 2019 survey results
- California Businesses with 1099 workers 63% 63%
More than 63% of California businesses have some portion of their workforce as 1099s
Increase in cost for a W-2 over a 1099
Instantly verify contractors
Don’t wait for California EDD to audit your business. Get the data, be prepared.
Upload your 1099 contractor information to our secure portal and receive a comprehensive report.
Walk Through of the Clear1099 Process
Want to see the process in action? Watch our walk-through video –>
In this video you will walk through the simple 4 step process of assessing your needs, choosing your plan, uploading your documents, answering a few very simple questions and receiving your visual diagnostic report.
Plans & Pricing
Single ReportTier One
- Single report for one (1) 1099 independent contractor.
- Order the quantity of single reports for your needs to use at your convenience.
- Dedicated secure portal to upload your information.
- Quantity Pricing:
- → 1 Report - $139/Report.
- → 5 Reports (minimum qty) - $135/Report.
- → 10 Reports (minimum qty) - $130/Report.
📞 Professional AnalysisTier Two SAVE $200
- Up to ten (10) 1099 independent contractor reports.
- Includes group analysis. Create sub-groups of your workers to isolate similarities and differences among different contractors per group. Organize workers in groups by job category or other relevant factor.
- Speak with a professional (one 30-minute session): review your report with a Clear1099 professional to review data and highlight important insights in your report. (Clear1099 does not provide legal advice. Consult with your attorney.).
- Order more reports if you have additional 1099 independent contractors ($200/report).
- Yearly price discounts available.
All-InclusiveTier Three SAVE $1,000
- 90 Day Access.
- Analyze up to thirty (30) 1099 independent contractors per month.
- Includes all features of Tier One and Tier Two.
- Updates and alerts. After your initial report is prepared, your contractor data is updated monthly to alert you about changes to your 1099 independent contractors (i.e. change in license status, EIN, FBN, business entity, etc). Updates provided 2 weeks after initial reports are delivered. It is like getting a second report.
- Reasonable compensation data: if you are a business owner and have a corporation (S or C corporation), you are required to pay yourself a reasonable compensation. Review data to determine if you are paying yourself a reasonable compensation based on federal government requirements.
- Access our resource library.
- Access to research assistant.
- Order more reports if you have additional 1099 independent contractors ($250/report).
- EXCLUSIVE BENEFIT: Obtain unemployment claims with EDD or other state agency. (Subject to sole discretion of EDD or other state agency if information will be disclosed) *separate fee for claims ordered.
- Yearly price discounts available.
Take our quiz and see if your workers might be incorrectly classified. Then be certain by using the CLEAR1099 tool.
The Power of Information to Make Better Decisions
Construction Business Owners are at High Risk
California EDD will be looking for 1099 contractors who they feel should now be classified as W-2 workers. Since AB-5 and the new Gig Work Bill businesses who work with outside contractors are particularly vulnerable. Use our tool to make the right decision BEFORE California EDD comes knocking.
Not Every 1099 Needs to Be Reclassified
Throughout California, business owners are throwing their hands up since AB-5 and the Gig work bill. No one can tell what California EDD will do so they’re reclassifying all contractors as employees. STOP. Use our tool and make an informed decision.